Being a teacher, breakfast for me has got to be quick. I am completely notorious for hitting the snooze button (more than once) before getting out of bed each morning. I am doing really well after my sugar detox (I lost 5 lbs, and I wasn’t super duper strict after the first week, to be honest, I was using stevia in my coffee…oops!). I highly recommend the 21 Day Sugar Detox if you are struggling with any kind of serious sugar cravings, or you just want to make your eating habits a little more healthy!
So I have been eating these breakfast egg muffins for the past 2 weeks in the morning. They are great for the mornings that I go to this new Crossfit/TRX class that I’ve been trying out at my gym. I can eat them on the way to work after I’ve gotten in the car! Perfect! The great thing is you can roast or saute any veggies of your liking (or even turkey bacon if you’ve got meat eaters on your hands) to put in the cups - and presto, you have a wonderfully delicious and quick breakfast! Low carb and full of protein to keep you full a long time! They are so good, I’ve been eating them cold, but they also reheat wonderfully! I hope you enjoy them just as much as I do!
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups kale, washed and chopped
- 2 red peppers, washed and chopped
- 1 bunch of green onion/scallion, washed and chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, washed and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- coconut oil for greasing (or muffin cup liners)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash and chop all veggies (including green onion/scallion)
- Saute vegetables until just cooked
- Add cooked vegetables and eggs to a large bowl and whisk until well combined
- Divide egg mixture evenly among the cups
- Place egg muffins in the oven for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Enjoy after the muffins have cooled slightly