I donâ€™t know if anything can beat a crisp, cold salad when the weather starts to get warm. I have been eating tons of cold salads for lunch since Memorial Day and I donâ€™t see any signs of stopping. I go back and forth between brown rice or quinoa noodles or just making zoodles (zucchini noodles with my spiralizer - and if you donâ€™t know what a spiralizer is, you need one! It makes anything into noodles! Find it here on Amazon!), so this recipe is GREAT for someone who eats both Vegan or Paleo.
And have you ever heard of coconut aminos? Itâ€™s a great alternative to soy sauce with loads less sodium than regular soy sauce. I used this as part of the dressing and it just gives it such a wonderful, nutty flavor - the sesame seeds and raw veggies give the pasta salad a little bit of crunch! Add in all those veggies and you just canâ€™t go wrong! I would bet once you make this once, youâ€™ll make it over and over again all summer, just like I will be doing!
- for the salad:
- 2 servings brown rice or quinoa pasta OR 1 cup zoodles (zucchini noodles)
- 1 cup cucumber, washed, peeled and juilenned (or made into zoodles)
- 1 cup carrots, washed, peeled and julienned (or made into zoodles) + a 1/2 cup more chopped for some extra crunch
- 8 sweet mini peppers, washed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup scallions, washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (black or white)
- for the dressing:
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- Cook pasta as directed or make zoodles out of veggies
- Wash and cut all other veggies
- Place all vegetables in a bowl and set aside
- Combine all dressing ingredients and mix well (I just used a fork)
- Drizzle dressing over salad and top with scallions and sesame seeds!