These brownies were a huge hit with my husband, who is picky about his desserts. They did not last long. He knows that I am always trying out new recipes for my blog, which is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free, so with his eyebrows raised, he asked me what the catch was. I didn’t tell him there were black beans (the secret ingredient!) in the them (and no white sugar!). He ate the whole batch anyways. These fudgy brownies will leave no crumb behind! Adapted from The Sugar Free Mom
Makes 12 brownies
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) of black beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups Enjoy Life (no soy, no dairy, no gluten) mini chocolate chips (+ some for the top of the brownies if desired)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of stevia
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (you can line the brownie pan with parchment paper, non stick cooking spray or coconut oil
2. Process all ingredients together in a food processor or blender.
3. Pour into brownie pan and smooth to edges.
4. Bake 30 minutes & make sure that a toothpick or knife come out clean.
5. Cool & slice into 12 pieces.
Calories: 221 Fiber: 5g Sugar: 12g