You know it’s July in New England when the zucchini abundantly starts growing from the garden & you just don’t even know where it is all coming from! I have been making a lot of zucchini dishes lately (more to come), but when my Nana put me up to the challenge to make her some zucchini bread, off I went. I actually made not one, but two, zucchini breads before this that failed miserably. This one came out great. Very tasty & I loved the texture – & Nana approved!
Adaped from Against All Grain
- 1 cup peeled, shredded zucchini
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (or food processed raw almonds)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel & cut up the zucchini. If you are going to use a food processor or blender to mix, you can leave the zucchini in small pieces. If you plan on hand mixing, shred or dice the zucchini.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl & set aside.
4. Put wet ingredients in a food processor & pulse until foamy.
5. Add in dry mixture slowly until dry and wet ingredients have fully combined.
6. Add zucchini in and pulse lightly (or gently fold in).
7. Set zucchini mixture in bread pan & place in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 128 Fiber: 2g Sugar: 7g