A few weekends ago, my sister, Mom and I ventured out for a trip to the winter farmers market. We picked up some local NH honey, maple syrup and even some gluten free bread! We also had quite the sampling spread while we were there. We had tried this sweet potato bean dip that was just out of this world. Only a few ingredients, and the taste was just delicious! I just had to figure out (after devouring the whole jar, of course) how to make my own. I think this is a pretty fair representation! I have only been eating this with veggies and crackers, but my next venture is as a spread on a sandwich! It will surely knock everyone socks off if you served it at your next party (and being vegan and gluten free, you can bet it’s safe for everyone to eat)! YUMMY! What is your favorite dip and/or spread?
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) beans (I used chickpeas)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel sweet potato & poke it with a fork a few times
- Microwave (or bake) sweet potato until tender (for me it took 5 minutes)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor & buzz until smooth
- Enjoy with crackers, veggies or even as a spread on a sandwich!