I donâ€™t know about you, but I love those Banana Babies ice cream bars that you can get in the frozen section at the grocery store. They arenâ€™t too bad for you (the ingredients list is actually natural!) but toppings are limited. Bananas are a natural antacid, are said to help with depression, muscle cramps, constipation, the list goes on and on. And besides, fruit is natureâ€™s candy, yum!
Itâ€™s super easy to throw these banana delights together and the best part is you can choose whatever toppings you want. Maybe you love hemp seeds, or graham crackers (gluten free, of course) or just almonds (like me)! Either way, Iâ€™m going to guarantee you will love them - and so will your kids and anyone else you make them for (just ask my co-workers)! Best of all they are vegan, gluten free and paleo!
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (soy, nut & dairy free)
- 1/4 cup chopped almond (or anything else you might want to roll your banana in)!
- Smash or chop desired topping for the banana (I put my almonds in the food processor)
- Heat chocolate chips on low/medium heat in a large saucepan and stir well so they do not burn.
- Peel banana and dip one side into the melted chocolate, then flipping to cover the other side (tongs may work well here, but I just used my fingers)
- Immediately roll the banana in toppings while the chocolate is still warm
- Place the banana(s) on parchment paper or a plate and freeze for 15-20 minutes or until you are ready to eat them!