Sometimes you just get sick of smoothies for breakfast! This is a great recipe to make the night before for an easy, already made breakfast, and chia seeds are a power house super food! High in fiber and protein, are loaded with antioxidants, and are said to help aid in weight loss! What’s not to like?
Have you ever heard of Mila Chia Seeds, though? They are a special blend of seed you can’t get anywhere except from a company called Genesis Pure. These chia seeds are grown with exact specifications and deshelled to maximize the nutritional value so you receive even more of all those awesome benefits. They are also packed with Omega 3’s! You can only get them online, so if you are interested you can find them here (and then contact me)! There is also a great article and video testimony about them here! They provide 6 grams of protein and 12 grams of fiber in one serving (2 tablespoons). Chia seeds are also an anti inflammatory and help bone health. When I throw these into my smoothie in the morning (or these protein poppers for a post dinner snack) They keep me full a very long time! Can you tell the difference in the photo? The regular chia seeds are on the left, and the Mila Chia Seeds are on the right. It’s pretty awesome, right?
Either way, this recipe is seriously delicious. It’s a great breakfast (that’s not a smoothie or eggs) and it’s really easy (and nutritious)! And a little goes a long way, just a small portion of this is very filling because of those awesome chia seeds!
- 1/2 cup of raw cashews (soaked for 20-30 minutes)
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon (or more to taste)
- Soak cashews in water in a bowl for at least 30 minutes
- Drain water from cashews and place cashews in blender or food processor
- Add all other ingredients to food processor or blender
- Blend until smooth
- Place in a bowl over night
- Serve cold for breakfast or a snack