I haven’t had too much experience with non-flour muffins (using almond flour, coconut flour, etc. instead). These tasted awesome, but were not as fluffy as other muffins I have made. Regardless, they still tasted delicious.
modified from Just Eat Real Food
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon gluten free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds or lemon poppy seeds
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. In a large bowl, mix together honey, vanilla, eggs & lemon juice. Melt the coconut oil (I put it in the microwave for 45 seconds) & mix that in with honey, vanilla, eggs & lemon juice
3. In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients.
4. Then mix the wet & dry ingredients together. Do this slowly so it doesn’t get too lumpy!
5. Add mix to each muffin lining (if desired) & fill 1/4 full.
6. Bake in the oven for 22 minutes!
Nutritional Value: Calories: 112 Fiber: 1g Sugar: 6g