I’m back with another scone recipe! If you missed my blueberry scone recipe, you should really try it – especially if you are still reaping the benefits of the end of bluberry season. These ones are just as good (my Mom actually thinks they are better), and a little more dessert friendly than the others (don’t worry, many fall scone recipes are in the works…) These are perfect with a cup of tea and a book, if you ask me…
- 2 cups almond flour (or finely ground almonds)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder.
3. In a different bowl, combine honey, vanilla extract, coconut oil, water and egg.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients in one bowl, kneading together well.
5. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
6. Place dough onto a lined cookie sheet (or a Silipat). Put down coconut oil for greasing if needed.
7. Press the dough down into a pancake shape on the liner.
8. Use a large knife to make four cuts in the dough to create triangle shape scones. One vertical, one horizontal, and two on a diagonal.
9. Seperate the scones slightly.
10. Cook at 375 degrees for 18 minutes.
Nutrtional Information: Calories: 236 Fiber 5g Sugar 9g