Up until a few years ago, you could get this amazing hummus from a company in New Hampshire called Crazy Camel. They made maple hummus and chocolate hummus too! It was the best! Unfortunately for me and a bunch of other people, they decided to discontinue making such a wonderful product. I’ve been thinking about making my own for quite some time and with all the pumpkin around, why not now?
It took a bit of tweaking with the ingredients, but I think I have it right! I wanted to incorporate a vegetable, so the secret ingredient here is sweet potato instead of garbanzo beans. Very delicious! I ate mine with apples, but I’m sure it would be awesome with graham crackers or the like. Enjoy!!
- one cup pumpkin puree
- one cup sweet potato (washed, peeled and cooked)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or to taste)
1. Wash, peel and cook sweet potato (I stick mine a few times with a fork and pop it in the microwave for 4-5 minutes)
2. In the food processor or blend, buzz all ingredients until smooth.
3. Enjoy with apple slices or graham crackers!
Nutritional Information: Calories: 63 Fiber: 2g Sugar: 11g