Sometimes you just really want a muffin! And for some reason I just had a craving for pumpkin and ginger. Call me crazy, but it’s probably being so couped up from all of the snow - we can barely see our mailbox right now! Where is Spring?!!
Either way, I’ve been getting my baking on, and whipped up a batch of these. You can’t go wrong with ginger, it’s so good for you. Anti - inflammatory and great for your immune system!
Makes 9 muffins
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (or pumpkin pie spice)
- optional: nuts (I added one pecan on top of each muffin)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together - easy peasy. Combine until batter is smooth.
3. Add batter to muffin cups (lined with muffin cups or greased with coconut oil). Fill 3/4 full. (add pecan on top if desired)
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. If you can wait long enough, let them cool off! Yummmmm!
Nutritional Information: Calories: 167 Fiber: 3g Sugar: 9g