Who doesn’t love ice cream? This is one of my favorite things to eat on the whole planet. Anytime, any kind, anywhere. The catch is, it has to be dairy free (unfortunately for those of use with a dairy intolerance)…. which usually doesn’t work out in my favor when everyone wants to go out at night for ice cream, sorbet is hard to find. This is also a great way to use those bananas that have started to go bad. If your family is anything like my family, they don’t care for them once they’ve started gathering brown spots. Anyways, I found this at The Kitchn and bingo! My new frozen summer treat! All you really need is bananas (I added chocolate chips to mine though. I’ve seen it done with nutella, peanut butter, honey, fruit etc.
- one ripened banana
- 2 tablespoons of Enjoy Life chocolate chips (or peanut butter, almond butter, nutella, fruit, honey, etc).
1. Chop up the banana and put it in the freezer until it is completely frozen.
2. Take banana out and blend it in the food processor until it looks like frozen yogurt.
3. Add in toppings and pulse (don’t mush them up too much, if you are using fruit or honey you could even mix it in with a spoon).
4. Eat as is, or put back in the freezer to make it a little bit more like hard ice cream.
Nutritional Information (with Enjoy Life chocolate chips): Calories: 250 Fiber: 5g Sugar: 29g