“Cheezy” & Crunchy Chick Peas
gluten free & vegan
I love beans! They are so versatile. You can use them for everything. (see my fudgy flourless brownie recipe here). I also love snacks that are crunchy! These chick peas are a perfect pair - ‘cheese’ and salt with a crunch! And you know that there isn’t any hidden ingredients! Warning: Once you start eating these you may not be able to stop!
- 1 can chickpeas (15.5 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- cayenne, tumeric or cumin to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.Clean and rinse chickpeas. Let them dry for 20-30 minutes and pat them dry if needed. (also take off the skins if needed)
2. Mix ingredients in a bowl and then toss with chickpeas.
3. Lay chickpeas on a cookie sheet & place in the oven. (I lined mine with aluminum foil because I am lazy when it come to washing pans, the less work, the better!)
4. Cook for 45 minutes in the oven (flip chickpeas 20 minutes through for a more even crunch!)
Nutritional Information: Calories: 140 Fiber: 6g Sugar: 4g