This morning I decided to change breakfast up with something different. I’ve never had or made a tofu scramble before (pretty much like scrambled eggs), so I scoured the internet to see what I could find. There is a lot of recipes out there, I just used what I had in the fridge. Good source of protein in the morning, and an easy way to add in veggies! Yum!
- 1 tomato
- 3 mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 3 ounces of Nasoya Light Tofu
- red pepper, garlic, salt, ground pepper, cumin or chil powder for seasoning (if desired)
1. Drain & Press Tofu (you can do this by placing the block of tofu on a paper towl or clean dish towel and setting a book or cutting board on top for 20-30 minutes)
2. Wash & chop all veggies (any desired assortment).
3. When tofu pressing is done, measure out 3 ounces (a serving).
4. Saute veggies (use a small amount of oil if needed).
5. When veggies are almost cooked, add tofu (tofu will only take a few minutes to brown)
6. Add spices if desired (I used red pepper on mine).
Nutritional Value: Calories: 97 Fiber: 3g Sugar: 1g
Veggie Tofu Scramble
gluten free & vegan