It is still really hot. With no AC, it’s pretty sticky in the house. So when I thought about dinner tonight, I opened the fridge and all of those left over from my Glorious Green Ribbon Salad yesterday were staring back at me. Luckily, I had some spring roll skins in my pantry, and voila! These awesome summer rolls were born. They are really easy because everything is raw & no oven involved!
- 2 spring roll skins (with rice, so they are gluten free)
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 red (or green) pepper
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 cup red cabbage
- 1/4 green onion
(Dipping Sauce) (taken from Green Ribbon Salad)
- 1/4 cup raw tahini (or peanut butter/almond butter)
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- 2 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (dry or fresh)
1. Rinse & cut up all veggies. Cucumber, carrot & red pepper should be sliced thinly to fit inside the wrap.
2. To soften rolls, dip into a bowl of hot water, don’t worry if it sticks, it easily unrolls.
3. Put down the roll on clean towel or plate (I used a plate, it worked well) and put all those delicious veggies inside. Roll up like a burrito! (You should have enough to make two).
4. Pulse ingredients for dipping sauce in food processor or blender.
5. Nom nom nom
(Wraps): Calories: 183 Fiber: 6g Sugar: 12g
(Dressing): Calories: 115 Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g
Veggie Summer Rolls
gluten free, vegan, raw, paleo