With the school year soon upon us, I am not going to have the time to eat such a leisurely breakfast, as I’ve grown accustomed to this summer. I’ve begun thinking about quick, easy, healthy items I can eat in a hurry (or even in the car) once school starts in a few weeks! I adapted this recipe from Martha Stewart. It was delicious! I actually made 2 of the 12 frittata muffins with paleo bread on the bottom, and I really liked them that way. The bread gave the muffins an extra crunch. I think the next time I make them, I’d do them all that way!
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons red pepper (optional)
- 6 slices paleo bread (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash & dice all vegetables (smaller is better).
3. Crack eggs into a mixing bowl & whisk.
4. Add in vegetables, salt, pepper & red pepper if desired.
5. Coat muffin pan lightly with coconut oil if needed (I did not and they were fine).
(optional: use a rolling pin to flatten bread and cut the bread with a round cookie cutter, 4-5 inches. place the cut bread around the edges of the muffin cup)
6. Pour egg mixture into the muffin cups, dividing evenly.
7. Place the pan in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
Nutritional Information (without bread):
Calories: 55 Fiber: 1g Sugar 1g Protein: 5g
Veggie Frittata Muffins
gluten free, paleo