There are few things I love more than I love pumpkin. Really. No, I’m not kidding. And oh, yes, my friends.. the pumpkin season is upon us. I cannot wait until Fall rolls around every year, it really is the best season. Apple picking, pumpkins, sweater weather, brisk air, the colors of the leaves… I could go on and on. The perfect time to be in New England. Very romantic, in my opinion, which is why I got married in September, too (two years ago today, in fact!).
I’ve made lots of other pumpkin recipes: Pumpkin Hummus, Pumpkin Ginger Muffins, Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls, Chocolate Pumpkin Mini Muffins, Pumpkin Whoopie Pies, Pumpkin Parfaits, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Soup, Pumpkin Mac & Cheese, Pumpkin Risotto…. okay, you get it.
I have wonderful memories as a child always making and decorating sugar cookies with my Mom and sister, and I hope to one day do that with Zoey! I just hope she loves being in the kitchen as much as her mama does! This paleo pumpkin cookie recipe is a keeper, too. I hope you like it as much as we did!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup arrowroot or potato starch
- 1/3 cup pumpkin (puree)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix ingredients all together (no fuss!)
- Place dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Roll out dough into 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick slabs
- Press cookie cutter into cookie dough and place on Silpat or greased cookie pan
- 12 cookies should fit on each sheet depending on the size of the cookie cutter
- Bake cookies in the oven for 15 minutes or until edges are brown