Okay, last dessert of the season. I have been dreaming about a cranberry white chocolate bar (one of my favorite combos, check out my cranberry white chocolate scone recipe). I tried to find something but didn’t have any luck, so I knew I’d be in the kitchen trying to figure out how to make something. Holiday note from a blogger: taste test one, bring the rest to your co-workers. One of my co-workers said this was the best dessert I’ve made so far! How’s that for a compliment?! That’s how to avoid those extra holiday pounds! I’ve lost 10 pounds since Thanksgiving (with 30 more baby weight pounds to go), but I had to start somewhere. I haven’t been able to work out much, but eating a clean diet and watching macros has really helped a lot. How are you all doing with the holiday bulge?
Are any of you out there planning on going on a pretty strict diet after the holidays? Whole 30 or anything?
Well these cranberry white chocolate bars are of course paleo and gluten free, refined sugar free too. A little bit indulgent, but it’s the holidays, right? Enjoy! And Happy Holidays & Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!
P.S. Link on how to make Paleo White Chocolate Chips here
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- ⅔ cup flax seeds
- ½ cup coconut butter
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh work best, but you can use dried)
- ½ cup to 1 cup paleo white chocolate (depending on how much you like)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour a 9”x 13”x 2” baking pan.
- Place crumble mixture ingredients in the food processor, pulsing several times until mixture is crumbly.
- Remove 1 cup of mixture and mix with pecans, forming small clumps with your fingers. Refrigerate until needed.
- Press remaining crust mixture firmly and evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 15 minutes. Then, set aside to cool slightly.
- Place coconut sugar, eggs, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
- Beat until combined and smooth.
- Stir in cranberries and white chocolate pieces
- Pour filling mixture over partially cooled crust. Spread evenly.
- Scatter reserved crumb topping over filling.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until edges are brown and filling is set.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes.
- Can be served warm or cool.