here are not many things I love much more than the chocolate & coconut pairing! I was recently gifted the new Enjoy Life Baking Mixes!! They are SO easy to use – add water & oil (I like coconut oil best) & they taste SO good! Also a plus: they are incredibly versatile)! Multi purpose mix, muffin, pancake, waffle, brownie & pizza mixes?!! They did not disappoint! Even my husband loves everything I’ve made! (Note: All enjoy life products are free of the top 8 allergens: wheat/gluten, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish and shellfish free!. Products are also made without casein, potato, sesame and sulfites.
I’m sharing with you today one of the new recipes I tested out with the multi purpose flour, these wonderful chocolate coconut tartlets!! I added it as the thickening agent for the creamy chocolate center in these beautiful little gems. I also used melted Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips for the filling! They are a must make for any chocolate coconut fan you have in your life. Perfect for dessert or a summer party, you can’t go wrong! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- 1½ cups unsweetened coconut shreds
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 egg whites
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 4 ounces enjoy life chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons Enjoy Life Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Mix
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- *coconut oil for greasing
- *slivered almonds for topping, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix crust ingredients until they form a ball of ‘dough’
- Divide into 12 equal balls of dough
- In a lightly greased mini muffin pan, place balls of dough in each muffin tin, pressing your thumb into the dough to make a hole for the filling
- Place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes until the edges are brown
- While the coconut shells are baking, measure out chocolate chips and place them in the microwave for 30 seconds. They should be slightly melty. Mix together with a fork or whisk until completely melted, (*add more time in the microwave if needed, 10 seconds at a time)
- Add all other ingredients to the chocolate and whisk until well combined.
- Allow coconut shells to cool once they are finished.
- Once cooled (10 minutes or so) add filling (and sprinkle with slivered almonds, optional) and bake for another 10 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before eating