Cranberries are in abundance right now (see my cranberry orange scone recipe or my cranberry orange upside down bread)! I’m actually planning on making a few smoothies with them this week! They can also be sweet or tart, which I really love about them (cherries, too). Full of antioxidents! These gluten free, paleo muffins have both cranberries and blueberries, making them the muffins both a little sweet and a little sour. Delish!
Makes 8 muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil + more for greasing pan if needed.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 cup cranberries (frozen or fresh)
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. If using fresh blueberries and cranberries, rinse them. Dry very well to ensure a fluffy muffin.
3. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
4. Mix wet ingredients in a bowl.
5. Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
6. Gently fold in cranberries and blueberries.
7. Disperse the batter evenly in 8 cups.
8. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 220 Fiber: 3g Sugar: 10g
Sweet & Sour Muffins
gluten free, paleo