This is a Vegucation original, it’s one of my favorites. It had been a while since I had put this together, & it was as good as I remembered. This is such an easy meal to cook up, very quick & simple. Give this one a try on a busy night!
- 6 large portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa (any kind)
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup green or red pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Begin by cooking quinoa. Boil water (2 cups) with quinoa (1 cup). Lower when the water is boiling, cook until soft.
3. While waiting for the quinoa to cook, wash and cut off stems of mushrooms.
4. Chop all vegetables & begin to saute them in a pan (use olive oil or coconut oil here, if needed). Cook vegetables thoroughly.
5. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil.
6. Once quinoa & vegetable are cooked, combine in a large bowl, mix in basil, oregano, parsley & garlic salt.
7. Divide quinoa mixture among each mushroom. Pat down the mixture with a spoon to keep the quinoa in the mushroom while cooking.
8. Place the mushrooms into the oven for 20 minutes, garnish with basil if desired.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 93 Fiber: 4g Sugar: 2g
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
gluten free & vegan