Are you a creature of habit? When it comes to my lunch, I am. 99% of the time I eat a salad every day for lunch. It’s easy, it’s fast, and it’s reliable. Sometimes I bring dinner leftovers to lunch (like if I have soup), but most of the time I stick to what I know: salad. The fun part about salad is that you can add so many different things to add different flavors and textures! I keep to the basics: spinach, mixed greens, tomatoes, carrots, radish, cucumber, red pepper; and then I add various ‘toppings’ if you will: quinoa, nuts, seeds, cashew cheese, etc. I also always stick to a very simple dressing. Depending on what is on my salad, sometimes it doesn’t even need dressing!
I love pumpkin seeds because they pack so much fiber (so do cranberries). Being fall, and closing in on winter (yuck!), this is ties in nicely with the season. I hope you like it as much as I do! It will keep you full for a very long time & it has 18 grams of fiber!!
for the salad
- 3-4 cups raw spinach, well rinsed
- 1 large, ripe tomato, washed and chopped
- 2 medium radishes, rinsed and slice
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds (recipe for perfect pumpkin seeds here)
for the dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- garlic salt to taste
1. Mix all salad ingredients together.
2. Measure salad dressing ingredients and drizzle on top of the salad.
3. Mix dressing with salad.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 401 Fiber: 18g Sugar: 23g