I had a chance to make a few sides for a family barbeque recently. I fooled my meat eating family & they really loved this one. It tastes like the real thing, but healthy, I swear!
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- generous handful of parsley, chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, shelled & chopped (or leave out completely)
- 2 tablespoons of veganaise (or regular mayonnaise)
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- optional: I added 7 slices of tempeh (bacon flavored) you could also use regular bacon here
1. Chop cauliflower & steam.
2. Steam cauliflower until slightly tender, about 10 minutes after water begins to simmer (don’t overcook! you want the consistency to be slightly hard).
3. Drain cauliflower & rinse with cold water to cool. Place the cauliflower in a large bowl.
4. Add celery, onion, parsley, & egg.
5. Stir in mayo & mustard
6. Serve immediately or stick it in the fridge for later!
Nutritional Information (with tempeh):
Calories: 118 Fiber: 3g Sugar: og
No Potato Salad
gluten free & paleo (can be made vegan)