Do you love making dinners that you can eat for lunch the next day? I do!! This was one of those dinners that gave me lunch for 3 extra days, which is a win in my book! These peppers were fun to make because they were messy (I’m an art teacher, I love mess!) but also easy. I had actually made these at the same time I made my pumpkin risotto, so I had the quinoa already made, which cut down the time on throwing these together even more!
Inspired by Popular Paleo
- 2 lbs. mini peppers (roughly 16 mini peppers)
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1/2 cup tofutti or daiya plain cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons red pepper or chili powder
1. Cook quinoa as directed.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Wash all mini peppers. With a knife, slice a 1/2 inch opening into each of the peppers (see picture on right) from top to bottom, leaving a long thin space to stuff the peppers.
4. Wash and chop green onion.
5. Once quinoa is cooked, mix with green onion, cream cheese, garlic and red pepper/chili powder.
6. Stuff peppers with the quinoa mixture (this will get messy, I just pushed up my sleeves and wiped off the excess with a paper towel after).
7. Set your peppers on a cookie sheet or Silipat (either greased or on aluminum foil).
8. Bake in the oven for 22 minutes.
9. Your peppers are perfectly acceptable to eat as finger food! Enjoy!
Nutritional Information: Calories: 134 Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g
Mini Stuffed Peppers
vegan, gluten free