Glorious Green Ribbon Salad
gluten free, vegan, paleo
There are few things that excite me more than all the luscious colors of produce you find at a farmers market or supermarket, especially in the summer when the colors are of such a wide variety (maybe that’s just the artist in me talking). I found this recipe from Oh She Glows & it instantly called to me. I even went to the produce stand right after yoga to pick up all the ingredients necessary to make it (with my own twist on it, of course).
This is a powerhouse salad, it is full of vegetables, protein, nutrients & it is to die for. The dressing is so easy (& versatile) and really packs an extra punch. This salad did not stand a chance; I sat down and devoured this in no time. It kept me full for really long time. I also made a lot extra so I can eat it for lunch and possibly dinner tomorrow. This is also great to pack for lunch because the dressing does not make it soggy. Tahini is just ground up sesame seeds & adds to the rich texture of the dressing while giving it a great nutty taste.
Also, did I mention how awesome spiralizers are? I actually used my julienne peeler for this one, but next time I’ll go back to the longer noodles, I like them a little more.
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cucumber
- 3 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 2 cups of purple cabbage
- 1 cup of edamame
- 1 cup snap peas (in pods)
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 stalk of green onion
- 1/4 cup raw tahini (or peanut butter/almond butter)
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- 2 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (dry or fresh)
1. Wash and chop/peel/spiralize zucchini, cucumber, carrots, pepper & cabbage.
2. Wash & chop green onion.
3. Combine chopped veggies, pumpkin seeds & sesame seeds in a large bowl.
4. Combine all dressing ingredients into a blender or food processor. Buzz until smooth.
5. Dress salad & chow down!
(Salad): Calories: 128 Fiber: 5g Sugar: 5g Protein: 8g
(Dressing): Calories: 115 Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Protein: 3g