I have recently teamed up with a bunch of other awesome paleo bloggers to create Whole30 crock pot recipes for the New Year. How many of you have made a resolution to eat better this year? Or just eat clean, or cut out more meat? Whole30 is a great way to cut out all the garbage from your eating habits and really get on track, but it’s not easy. No beans, no sugar, etc. A few of my friends swear by it though.
This crock pot dish is perfect because it is super simple, and you can really add in anything in the fridge and it will still taste delicious! With our cold, New England weather, I think I could eat soup almost every night of the week! Brrr!! Mother Nature has not been very kind to us this year. I’m hoping maybe that means we have an early Spring? Wishful thinking!! (This dish is also perfect for leftovers, lunch or dinner!)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 red or green peppers, washed and chopped
- 3 yellow onions, peeled and chopped
- 16 ounces of mushrooms, washed and chopped
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups broccoli, washed and chopped
- 15.5 ounces crushed red tomatoes
- 1 jar of salsa (not containing fruit)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- salt & pepper to tast
- coconut oil or olive oil for pre-cooking the veggies
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha (optional)
- meat, beans, or tofu optional note: beans & tofu are not part of the Whole30 plan.
- Heat the olive oil or coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions; cook and stir until they start to become soft.
- Add the green peppers/red peppers, mushrooms, broccoli and garlic; cook and stir until vegetables are lightly browned and tender (about 10 minutes).
- Pour the salsa and sweet potatoes in the crock pot (and any other extras, such as meat) and set the crock pot to low.
- Stir in the vegetables and tomatoes. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, oregano, hot sauce. Stir gently and cover. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Optional: garnish with avocado
Nutritional Information: (no avocado)
Calories: 170 Fiber: 9g Sugar: 15g
Everything But The Kitchen Sink Spicy Vegan Crock Pot Soup
paleo, gluten free, vegan