Soup season is here! I made this last weekend when we had a cold snap. It is truly simple to make! Super easy & quick! The best kind of dinner, especially on a week night when things get so crazy! My best friend, Mike, asked me for this recipe a few weeks ago, which inspired me to make it and share this infamous recipe with all of you (I’ve been making it a very long time)! If you are ever in need of a photographer in Montana, I highly recommend Mike! He photographed my wedding in Cape Cod last year and all of my pictures are beautiful.
This soup is also great because it’s an especially easy one to cater to everyone’s needs as well. I made the soup, then split it in two, adding regular cheese & bacon to my husband’s, and a little bit of Daiya cheese to mine.
Also, is your husband as strange as mine is? He loves raw potatoes (I think it’s weird). That’s him, sneaking his fingers into my picture!
- 6-7 medium potatoes, washed, peeled and diced
- 1 yellow onion, washed, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 cups almond milk (plain, unsweetened)
- 2 cups water (or more, if needed)
- 1 tablespoon mustard (Annie’s Organic)
- salt & pepper to taste
- optional: cheese & bacon
1. Wash, peel and dice potatoes.
2. Wash, peel and dice onion
2. Place water and potatoes in a large pot and bring to a boil on the stove.
3. Lower flame to medium heat, adding in all other ingredients. *note: I cooked my husband’s bacon in a separate pan and then added it to his half of the soup when it was ready
4. Heat soup until potatoes are soft. Mash ingredients with a potato masher until desired consistency is achieved. (I mash mine a lot because I enjoy more of a thick soup).
Nutritional Information: Calories: 191 Fiber: 7g Sugar: 4g
Easiest Potato Soup
vegan, gluten free, paleo