One thing I have not attempted on this blog is chocolate chip cookies. I suppose when you think of giving up gluten and dairy, you think of giving up a lot of sweet, right? Have no fear! Gluten free & dairy free chocolate cookies await you! These are really easy to make and taste super yummy!
I have been bad about actually making food to post here, so my apologies. I’m on a dessert kick… I’m hoping this weekend I can get it together and take some good pictures of a Sweet Potato Lentil recipe I’ve been working on. I hope you have been enjoying all the of recipe round – ups, though, that I’ve been posting on my facebook page. I’ve been involved in a lot! And stay tuned for a really great “12 Days of Christmas” round up I’m going to be a part of! Lots of fun things to come in the month of December!
Makes 12 cookies
Inspired by The Detoxinista
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt coconut oil in the microwave (about a minute in a microwave safe bowl, or over heat in a small sauce pan on the stove).
3. Mix all ingredients expect chocolate chips until they are combined.
4. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
5. On a Silpat (or greased pan), divide dough evenly into 12 small cookies. note: The cookies will stay the same shape, so remember to flatten them or place them down the way you would like to look when they come out of the oven!
6. Place the cookies in the oven for 14 minutes or until brown on the edges.
7. Allow to cool before serving
Nutritional Information: Calories: 96 Fiber: 1g Sugar: 8g
Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
gluten free, paleo