Sitting out on the porch with the family in the summer is favorite of mine (screened it to keep the bugs away, of course). When it’s warm and muggy outside, grilling and eating raw go hand in hand, and this is a perfect dish for that. No cooking required! Perfect for a summer night when it’s too hot to turn on the stove or oven! Excellent as a side dish or a main course!
Serves 6 (inspired from The Vintage Mixer)
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 cups of romaine lettuce
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 1 cup of snap peas
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash and chop cauliflower into smaller pieces (about the size of a fist) to fit into the food processor or blender.
2. Blend/pulse cauliflower until the cauliflower looks like rice/cous cous. Put the cauliflower right into the bowl it will be served in, it is easier to mix everything right into the dish!
3. Wash & dice romaine lettuce, tomatoes, broccoli, snap peas & basil. Add it to the dish of cauliflower.
4. Add oregano, thyme, olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper to the cauliflower. Toss well & serve!
Nutritional Information: Calories: 94 Fiber: 4g Sugar: 4g
Cauliflower Cous Cous Salad
raw, gluten free, vegan, paleo