When I think of a lazy Sunday morning, I imagine sleeping in late… grabbing the paper off the front door step and drinking a warm cup of coffee. And pancakes. One of the things I thought I might miss out on was pancakes when I started eating gluten free. But who knew? There are so many gluten free pancake recipes out there! And here is a really awesome one I know you’ll love! With the added sweetness of some chocolate chips. Really easy to put together, and extra healthy with some sweet potato thrown in the batter, too! If you notice the picture on the left, I couldn’t even get through my photo shoot without eating a couple! They also kept me full of a very long time!
Inspired by Running to the Kitchen
- 3/4 – 1 cup almond milk (depending on how running you like them
- 1/4 cup sweet potato (peeled and cooked)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 egg (or 1 tablespoon flax seed + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (or more if you like them sweeter)
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or more if you like them sweeter)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- optional: coconut oil for greasing pan, honey or maple syrup for toppings.
1. Peel and cook sweet potato. (I peel mine, poke it a few times with a fork and heat it in the microwave for 3-4 minutes)
2. Mix egg, vanilla extract, almond milk and sweet potato in a bowl and set aside.
3. Mix brown rice flour, hemp seeds and cinnamon in a second bowl.
4. Combine both wet and dry ingredients in one bowl. Mix thoroughly.
5. optional: fold in chocolate chips
6. Heat a sauce pan on medium heat and grease with coconut oil (optional).
7. Pour batter onto the pan in 4 to 6 inch size circles in diameter.
8. When pancakes start to bubble, flip over with a spatula.
9. Cook pancakes until golden brown on both sides.
10. Serve with maple syrup or honey if desired.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 222 Fiber: 4g Sugar: 2g
Best Breakfast Pancakes
gluten free, vegan, paleo