I am on vacation this week, which means sleeping in & big breakfasts (usually made & served by my Dad). Today we made gluten free, vegan, banana pancakes. They were delectable. (Even my dog, Scout, loves them!)
serves 2, yields 6-8 pancakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup flour (gluten free multi purpose, coconut or otherwise)
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (almond, soy, etc)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup water (or more to your liking, for thickness)
1. Mash Banana (I love using my potato masher for this)
2. Set pan to medium heat and use a small amount of coconut oil if preferred.
3. Combine ingredients in a bowl, mixing well & adding more water if needed.
4. Spoon batter onto pan. I recommend making 2-3 pancakes at a time, and also using a cookie scoop for even sized pancakes.
5. Flip pancakes when they begin to bubble or brown on the edges.
6. Serve & enjoy with fruit, maple syrup or other toppings of your choice!
Nutritional Value: (with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Multi Purpose Flour & Honey) Calories: 295 Fiber: 8g Sugar: 18g
gluten free & vegan