Remember when I said that my Mom and I picked all those apples and I was making all those apple recipes? Here is another (Apple Crisp and Apple Cinnamon Smoothie were the other two I’ve made, for now). I licked the bowl clean when I made this, it was so delicious. I’ve seen a few out there on other websites, but I just added a little of this and a little of that until I got the flavor I wanted! I hope you like it just as much as I do!
- 4 large apples (peeled, and sliced)
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 cups of water (or more to your liking)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Peel apples and sweet potato.
2. Dice apples and sweet potato.
3. In a large pan, add coconut oil, sweet potatoes and apples. Cook on medium/high heat until softened.
4. Transfer apples and sweet potato to a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
5. Transfer apples and sweet potatoes to a soup pot and add pumpkin, water, pepper, salt, sage and cinnamon. Stir well.
6. Cook ingredients until hot, stirring occassionally.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 150 Fiber: 7g Sugar: 17g
Apple Pumpkin Soup
gluten free, vegan, paleo